If your house was a burrito, custom made barn doors are the sour cream.
Barn doors are stunning, well-made and not just for people who are building a new home from scratch. If you are wavering between your run-of-the-mill doors and making the switch, we have five reasons why they will benefit you and any future owner of your home.
1) Space – When you install a door that slides against a wall instead of swinging out, you will be eliminating empty space taken up by a regular door’s range of motion. Bonus: You will never bump anyone when opening a door. It doesn’t always happen, but it’s something you can remove from the equation.
2) Easy to Open – Some doors stick or are heavy to pull due to how they were installed, the materials they are composed of. Add in changes in temperature and opening and closing doors becomes a push, pull tango that adds daily frustration to your life. By hanging a door on a track with barn door hardware, a great deal of weight and strain is removed from the person opening or closing it.
3) The beauty is in details – Barn doors make a statement and can function as a kind of wall art. A barn door, like built ins, a bay window or a fireplace can distinguish your home from similar homes nearby.
4) Less holes in the wall – If you or future homeowners are moving furniture, do you want to play vertical Tetris and attempt to fit items through without banging the walls or door itself? Rather, slide your barn door to the right and move items with expert ease.
5) Quieter and Safer – Do you have small children who have zero spatial awareness? By and large they blow through rooms with the agility of a 300 pound linebacker with a foot injury. With barn doors, there’s no chance of pinched fingers as the door is not completely flush with the opening. Bonus: You cannot slam a barn door so you will have to find new and creative ways to show exasperation.
Castle Builds can craft and install custom made barn doors for any room in your home. These can be constructed and installed within 2-3 weeks at a cost of $2,750 for a limited time. Call us at (303) 944-0488 so we can begin your custom doors today.